25 June 2012

An Apology and A Promise

I'm a lazy person, I'll admit it. I have been meaning to do some creative writing (whether it be game design or fiction) but I just can't seem to find the motivation. Or when I do think of doing it, I'm busy at work and unable to do it.

This can't go on.

So here's my promise. I will do... SOMETHING each week. I've let weeks go by without doing any writing or design so I'm just going to say that I'll do something each week, show some sort of definite forward progress. And I'll blog about it, I'll write about it right here.

My email address is davpid@gmail.com so if you don't see something from me in any given week, feel free to harass me or berate me or encourage me or otherwise get in touch. Because, and this may be slightly self serving, I get most excited when I know people are expecting me to do something or actually reading what I write. So hit me up, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. David, I am 100% behind you on this. My only contribution at this point is a suggestion and a request to try to focus your design work on existing projects. I'm not trying to proscribe you to not follow your inspiration. If something grabs you by the throat, don't fight it. Creating something that you may never finish is better than not creating anything, but working toward completion on something is better than constantly starting new projects.

    Once you get to work, I'm more than willing to contribute as cheerleader, taskmaster or critic, based on your needs of the moment.

    I personally want:
    1. Life of a Falling Star
    2. Dirty Princesses
    3. CHARNEL

    ...in that order, by preference.

    ReplyDelete