31 May 2012

Unchosen 21

Somehow, a half-dead man with blood gushing from his throat blowing away two of their packmates took the fight out of the rest of them. Those that could still move tried to beat a swift retreat. Those that weren't fast enough never made it to cover, as Chasity and I took them down, fleeing or not. I even heard the shotgun roar a couple more times, despite Doc's protests.

"Knock it off, Tex!" he growled from behind me, as I emptied the last two chambers. "I've just barely got the bleeding stopped, you moron!"

I crouched down next to Chasity while I reloaded, and she glanced my way with a smirk before she turned back to scanning the perimeter for any less survival-minded muties.

"You got him stabilized, kid?" I called as I slapped the cylinders closed and half-stood, making my way over to them in a crouch.

"Almost, no thanks to this goon," Doc replied, never taking his eyes off his patient. I glanced down as I approached. Tex was a mess of blood, and pale as a corpse, but I could see his teeth were clenched in pain, and his eyes glared up at me, daring me to comment. I just nodded to him before dropping to my haunches on his other side, ready for another attack, if it ever came.

No comments:

Post a Comment